Wednesday 12 October 2011

overview

What have you learn in English studies

Truthfully I love short story but I hate poems. I have difficulties in understanding them since secondary school. I’ve always need a source or reference to guide in understanding the poem. When I first study this subject, English Study, I find it hard to catch up with. All sorts of literary devices, paradox, oxymoron and all confused me and it is indeed tough for me to memorise it all as well as to recognize them on the poem. Perhaps because I’m more to a straight forward person, so I dislike to interpret  things. I prefer accept things just the way they are and as you know it is the complete opposite to the poems.
As time goes by, I started to actually like poem a little bit. But still I’m no good at it. As sir said that there is no right or wrong when it comes to literature, I thought it is up to me on how to apprehend them. So now I will try to translate every poem that were given to my own version then I will compare it with the lecturer’s adaptation. It’s kind of funny sometimes when my interpretation came out absolutely different from the actual meaning of it. Well I guess different person got the different opinion on something.
For the time being, I will continue to improve myself on literature despite of its ‘history ‘ with me. I’m going to be an English teacher so being an expert in this area is a compulsory. It’s only the beginning though so it is too early for me to give up. So, wish me luck ! J








by : ateeq medina

No comments:

Post a Comment