Monday 2 April 2012

Character Profiling for Goneril in Act 1 (King Lear) and my role in this drama

 Character Profiling for Goneril 


Name
Traits
Remarks


Goneril
Original
Modified

1)Eldest daughter of King Lear

Evidence : Goneril,
Our eldest-born, speak first.

1)Eldest daughter of Mr. Lear

Evidence: Goneril, my oldest daughter, you speak first.

In court
2) A rude daughter

Evidence : She banished her father

2)A rude daughter

Evidence: She banished her father.
At Goneril’s house
3)A demand woman

Evidence: She said the knights have been loud and destructive in her castle.

3) A demand woman

Evidence: She said the bodyguards have been wilder each day.
At Goneril’s house
4) She gets land, from this line to that one—dense forests, fertile fields, rivers rich with fish, wide meadows and crown and all the privileges that kingship brings from his father.

4) She gets Sabah, Perlis, Kedah, Terengganu, Kelantan, Pahang and Penang from his father.
In court
5) A princess that wearing a princess's dress.
5) A woman who is up-to-date to the fashions.

The whole play






Role

In this drama, my role is as makeup artist. I take this role because I’m quite interested doing this role than others. Besides, I do prefer this as I love to makeup as well to myself. Makeup artist has considered as a person that apply makeup to the visible parts of the actors such as hand and face. This makeup is very important as it will help to make the face’s expression of the actors look clearly during the dramatization. Pursuing this further, as a makeup artist, there are some things I should to know. For instance, makeup artist has to consider the needs of the story in every scene: the age and race of the character, as well as standard continuity issues. Thus, I will do my best during this dramatization until it will succeed. 

Reference:


Posted by , 

Siti Noor Amira

No comments:

Post a Comment