Monday 3 September 2012

The Clod and The Pebble by William Blake


The clod and the pebble by William Blake

1. What do the clod and the pebble symbolize?
2. Identify 2 literary devices and how do they enhance the poem?
3. Are you clod or pebble? Why?


1. Clod defined love as selfless and pebble is selfish.

2. Personifications: the clod and the pebble which are represented as possessing and expressing human emotions.
Symbolism:  inherent in the concepts of heaven and hell draws on pre-existing imagery of spiritual places of peace and joy, and evil and suffering, respectively.

3. I will be the clod. I am person who loves to see others happy even though I know it will break my heart. Even the clod has been repeatedly ‘trodden with cattle’s feet’; it remains forgiving, flexible and transformable as it accepts this situation as its purpose with a sense of innocence. I am such that kind which is a forgiving person. I don’t like to keep it until it will fester to a big problem. Let bygone be bygone. Until now, I am still contact with my ex even he underhanded me before. Revenge is not the best way to settle any dispute. Forgive and forget. So live your life happily

Reference: Three Gold Bees, The Clod and The Pebble by William Blake, retrieved from September, 3, 2012 from http://threegoldbees.com/otherarticlea/16-clodandpebble


by: Siti Noor Amira

No comments:

Post a Comment